Community Support Worker
Supporting those living with a disability (multiple casual positions available) and those frail aged requiring supports.
Your new workplace
SA Country Carers is a quality provider of individualised supports to clients in the Lower North of South Australia. As a registered NDIS provider dedicated to delivering quality, flexible, client-focused supports, we can also provide short-term accommodation for NDIS clients as well as a Life Skills group for 10-17 year olds. Outside of NDIS services, SA Country Carers provides flexible supports for clients in-home or in-community as well as short term accommodation. If you have:
- Good problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- A genuine interest in people
- An understanding of the importance for people to reach their potential
- The ability to connect with people and a
- A professional work ethic
then YOU need to apply!
Your new role
You will be required to deliver assistance and support with daily activities, respite, some household tasks, physical well-being and social activities.
Shifts are available Monday through to Sunday, with morning, afternoons, evenings and sleep over shifts available. Shifts can also vary in length allowing you to create your own work/life balance.
What you need to succeed
- A resume showing your relevant experience working within the disability sector
- Experience in working in a home or community based setting
- A current Through their eyes Certificate, (Previously known as Child Safe Environments)
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Individual Support or Disability or Aged
- Senior First Aid with CPR (valid for 3 years)
- Working with Children Check (valid for 5 years); and DHS Disability employment screening (valid for 3 years)
- An ability to work independently or within a team environment
- A good level of literacy & numeracy, and basic IT skills
- Current SA drivers licence
- ‘Assist Clients with Medication’ certificate is an advantage
What you will get in return
- Being a partner in a supportive team environment that encourages commitment to quality support and outcomes
- A generous salary packaging is available to you
- Relevant training opportunities for development in your position
- Flexible work days and times that suit you
Applications should include a current resume setting out qualifications, skills and experience and a completed pre-interview questionnaire. They should be addressed to Leanne Mullan, Manager Client Service and Support and submitted via email (as above), in person to one of our offices, or by post to: SA Country Carers PO Box 692 Clare SA 5453.